The information (“Information”) accessible by you (“Visitor”) using the AIU Extension.
- Determine whether the Information complies with the Visitor’s needs;
- Determine whether the Visitor has adequate legal rights to store, reproduce or otherwise make use of Information in the manner contemplated by the Visitor;
- Comply with any legal obligations, including but not limited to, obligations imposed by copyright, secrecy, defamation, decency, and export laws;
- Isolate Information, execute anti-contamination software and otherwise take steps to ensure that Information, if contaminated or infected, will not damage the Visitor’s information or system.
- INFORMATION Not Warranted Or Guaranteed In Any Way. THE AIU EXTENSION WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. AIU EXTENSION MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO AIU EXTENSION OR ANY INFORMATION.
AIU EXTENSION does not warrant or guarantee:
- the accuracy, adequacy, quality, correctness, validity, completeness, or suitability of any Information for any purpose;
- that any Information will be free of infection by viruses, worms, Trojan horses or anything else manifesting contaminating or destructive properties;
- that the Information will not contain adult-oriented material, or material which some individuals may deem objectionable; or that the functions or services performed by AIU Extension will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the AIU Extension website will be corrected.
Credit Card Purchase Terms
- Online purchases on aiuextension.org payment processing pages are processed using official payment providers (Paypal).
- The Subscriber cannot cancel or ask AIU Extension for refund once he/she send a payment for a Certificate. Obtaining one or more Certificates once the Subscriber completed the courses is 100% optional and imply that the subscriber went to the payment options, added his/her Credit Card, WU MTCN, Paypal information or others and did click on Pay.
- There is no refund if the Subscriber fails to attend any course and mislead AIU Extension by having someone else completing the course on their behalf.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees received are non-refundable.
- If for any reason the Subscriber’s credit/debit card provider refuses to pay the amount billed for the services, the Subscriber agrees that the company may suspend or terminate the Subscriber’s request to get the Certificate.
- All of our online payments are handled by official providers (Mainly Paypal). When using these providers, your financial information is not shared with AIU Extension.
We accept payment online via a wide range of payment providers. Including Paypal, Western Union, AMEX, Visa, Master Card.
By clicking “Place Order” I agree to the terms & conditions
Complaints and Appeals
Should you as a student, staff member or employer have any complaint to make with AIU Extension or would like to appeal any of the assessment procedures, outputs or any other matter with AIU Extension please contact us detailing the issue as follows:
- Appeals: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints: Please email email@example.com
Any complaint or appeals notification to AIU Extension will be treated in the strictest of confidence. Your claim will be investigated and responded to within 48 hours of such notification (on a business weekday). We shall engage with you and any other interested and affected parties until a mutually satisfactory resolution is achieved with all communications being responded to within 48 hours (on a business weekday).
Should it not be possible to come to a mutually agreeable resolution, an appropriate independent arbitration expert based in Honolulu, USA shall be engaged by AIU Extension to assist in resolving any dispute. Should the arbitration process be deemed unsatisfactory by either party, either party reserves the right to take legal counsel governed and construed in accordance with Honolulu, USA law and the interested and affected parties hereby irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Florida (USA) courts.
By purchasing or otherwise registering one’s personal information with AIU Extension, the individual consents to AIU Extension retaining the right to convey, provide or otherwise transmit said information to third parties, be they fully autonomous or related legal entities, particularly though not limited to, for the purposes of providing related services, applications or any other offering or services AIU Extension decides may be in the interest of or interesting to said person at the time of registration and or alternatively any future time. The client consents to said third parties contacting them for those previously described purposes or otherwise. AIU Extension shall always respects and act upon a client’s instructions to not make some or all of its services available in so far as is possible both commercially and legally.
Employment / Employees
By developing courses at AIU Extension as a tutor/professor, you are not and you won’t be considered an employee at AIU Extension. AIU Extension’s employee is someone who was hired for a specific positions by our Human Resources Department.
If you are a tutor/professor who get commission based on the courses that you created and the Subscribers paid to get the Certificate. You are not considered an employee at AIU Extension. You will get pay commission as sub-contractor (Third Party). Meaning that you won’t get Insurance, Vacation time, and other benefits from AIU Extension.
Equal Opportunities Policy Statement
AIU Extension is committed to equal opportunities in both employment and in its delivery of its services to learners. The policies and practices of the company aim to promote an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of all people. At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat all people fairly and with dignity and respect.
We will take every possible step to ensure that no person working with the company, seeking employment with us, or any member of the public using the Academy’s premises or services as a learner will receive less favorable treatment (direct discrimination) or will be disadvantaged by requirements or conditions that cannot be shown to be justifiable (indirect discrimination) on the grounds of their:
- Gender including gender reassignment
- Race (including color, nationality, ethnic or national origin)
- Religion/belief or non-belief
- Sexual orientation
- Marital, partnership and family status
- Socio-economic status
- Trade Union membership or non-membership
We recognize that the provision of equal opportunities in the workplace is not only good management practice; it also makes sound business sense. Affording both learners and staff full dignity at work promotes good employee to learner relations and satisfaction, and results in a motivated, productive and creative workforce which leads to overall service improvements.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy will help all those who work for us to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilized fully to create an arena of opportunity for all.
We will take positive steps to ensure that the policy is known to all learners, employees, potential employees and organizations that we work with. We will also ensure that equal opportunity is embedded in all our policies, procedures, day to day practices and external relationships.
Equal opportunities in employment
AIU Extension is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organization. We therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
As an applicant, you can be assured that the company will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable on objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with the Academy’s Equal Opportunities and Recruitment and Selection decisions, are made on merit – in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- a fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- a working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimization and where all complaints are promptly investigated and dealt with.
- a working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Positive about disability
We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination. The company has put this policy in place to demonstrate our commitment to encourage disabled people to apply for jobs by guaranteeing them an interview, provided that they meet the minimum requirements for the post. As an employer, we are aware of our obligations under the Florida, USA Equality Act and are committed to offering support and making reasonable adjustments to allow full participation in the process. It is important that you let the Recruiting Manager know of any requirements. The company will consider any reasonable adjustments. Examples include: changing the timing of interview, giving extra time for tests, providing equipment or assistance throughout the process e.g. a reader or scribe.
All the courses offered at AIU Extension are only credited at Atlantic International University. Other institutions and universities will probably consider AIU Extension’s Courses as Noncredit Courses.
In general, credit courses are designed for students who are interested in earning college credits towards a degree or certificate. These courses are usually a full semester long. Students who take credit courses receive a letter grade (A, B, C, D or F) at the end of the semester.
Noncredit courses are short-term classes offered through the continuing education departments or in this case AIU Extension. They are intended for students who want to gain general knowledge, learn a new skill, upgrade existing skills or develop personal interests. Upon completion at AIU Extension, students may pay and get a certificate of completion (It is 100% optional to get the Certificate).
ALL non-credit classes are not applicable toward a degree with the exception of Atlantic International University which accepts AIU Extension Certificates in order to give credit to those students at Atlantic International University. Of course, in order to get credit for your certificates at Atlantic International University you must be enroll as a student with them.
Atlantic International University won’t provide any kind of financial discount because of these Certificates. Whether you are a student at Atlantic International University or would like to become one. It is important that you understand you won’t receive any discount of partial scholarship because of AIU Extension Certificates. You will in other hands receive a certain amount of academic credits toward your program at Atlantic International University.
A certificate of completion can be issued if you decide to pay and get it at the completion of the course.
Another important difference is that Federal Financial Aid is not available for non-credit classes. However, at AIU Extension we include a referral program in order to give our students the opportunity to get USD$ Credits at AIU Extension that they can invest ONLY to get their own Certificates at AIU Extension. You will get a certain % of each one of your referrals that pay to get his/her Certificate and support AIU Extension staff members and tutors.
Remember that by getting you Certificate. You will be supporting AIU staff members and tutors so we can keep improving our platform and adding more courses.